Windows Live API for WordPress Social Login 2.2.3 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the WordPress Social Login 2.2.3 to allow users to login from an option of accounts they may have.
    I was directed to do the following:

To enable authentication with this provider and to register a new Windows Live API Application, follow the steps :

1. First go to: https://account.live.com/developers/applications/create

2. Create a new application.

3. Fill out any required fields such as the application name and description.

4. Put your website domain in the Redirect Domain field. This should match with the current hostname.

5. Once you have registered, past the created application credentials into the boxes above.

I did these things and did receive a Client ID and a Client Secret, entered them and then clicked Save Settings.
    I did similarly for Facebook, Google +, Twitter, Yahoo, Linked-In and AOL successfully and verified they work.
    I cannot seem to get the Windows Live option to work and have no idea what I am doing wrong or what step I am missing.
    I add the Client ID and Client Secret on a screen like the image below click on Save Settings but no luck. I have tried multiple times always with the same results. I ensured I entered the new Client ID and Client Secret each time.

Ok not attachment/screen shot it won't let me sorry.

Can anyone help me out here. I figure most people must have a Windows Live Account so really don't want to just drop that option but that is where I am at if I can't get some help getting this to work.

Thanks,

Tim321FL

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 12:22 AM

All replies

• I should add I know very little about computers and why I am trying to use simple items and plugins. I would get nowhere without them.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 12:31 AM