Visual Studio 2019 gives configuration issue when installed RRS feed

• Question

• When i try to start visual studio i receive the below configuration error.

"Could not start visual studio due to an error.System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorExcetion:Configuration system failed to initialize.

InnerExeption -System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorExcetion:Unrecognized configuration section startup.(C:Users\pc\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_99034eb1\devenv.exe.config line 13)".

Could you please help me I have tried to uninstall and Install but nothing is working.

The error i got in Activitylog.xml is 

<type>Error</type>
        <source>VisualStudio</source>
        <description>Binding Redirect / CodeBase entry from configuration hive is malformed, ignoring.</description>
        <hr>80070057 - E_INVALIDARG</hr>
        <errorinfo></errorinfo>

<type>Error</type>
        <source>VisualStudio</source>
        <description>Failed to set Public Key Token</description>
        <hr>80070057 - E_INVALIDARG</hr><time>2020/09/21 12:40:43.396</time>

<type>Information</type>
        <source>Profile manager</source>
        <description>Invoking first launch sequence due to: Failed to read Profile\LastResetSettingsFile from the VS HKCU registry</description>
      </entry>

<description>System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---&gt; System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unrecognized configuration section startup. (C:\Users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_17f415b4\devenv.exe.config line 13)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)&#x000D;&#x000A;   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Configuration.PrivilegedConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)

Monday, September 21, 2020 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

According to your description, please have a try with the following workarounds:

#1. Use the .NET Framework Repair tool to repair damaged .NET Framework;

#2. Try to repair your Visual Studio by running Visual Studio Installer > More > Repair;

#3. Enable the Synchronized settings via Tools > Options > Environment > Accounts > check “Synchronize settings across devices when signed into Visual Studio”.

If it persists, please provide us with more installation logs so that we check if there are installation errors. You could download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 3:49 AM
  • https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avk09GXiXbzJjDJnmrTCZY8u77RL?e=Dr1fH0

please find the vslogs.zip file 

Wednesday, December 9, 2020 6:40 PM