none
Visual styles are not applied for VSTO add-in under Windows 10 + Office 2019 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've VSTO add-in for Excel (ribbon) that includes many forms to work with data in worksheet. Lately I found that add-in windows are not styles with (flat) Windows visual styles and are shown with old 3d style. I reproduced the issue with latest Windows 10 (2004) and latest build of Office 2019. 
    Moving EnableVisualStyles() to the first line of the init add-in method does not help.  Also tried to comment/uncomment "DPI awareness" but nothing helps.
    Same add-in launched from Excel 2019 and Windows 8.1 is displayed correctly. I've also launched old image with Win10 1703 and Office 2016 and they do display add-in windows correctly. 

Anybody had similar issue with Office 2019 + Windows 10? I've found this thread but no solution was offered: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/edd304bd-5c8e-465a-b836-cce72df3eb64/visual-styles-not-enabled-in-powerpoint-vsto-addin?forum=vsto

Thanks!

Friday, July 10, 2020 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hello Alsuk,

Can you reproduce the issue with a newly created add-in project? Or the problem is specific to your project only?

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Saturday, July 11, 2020 11:21 AM