none
Is there a fix for Silverlight not detecting install?

Question

• Silverlight is prompting install but it's already installed, I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and IE with Windows10. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and downloaded a fix hoping to clean a possible file corruption, it still does not work. Are there any other solutions available?
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:11 AM

All replies

• Apparently Chrome and Firefox no longer support Silverlight, I finally got it to work by updating Internet Explorer   
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:14 PM
  • Hi Hot Donkey,

Glad to know that this issue has been resolved, thanks for sharing your answer here, if possible, please mark it as the answer, so it could help other members who meet the same issue, and we can close this case for you:)

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 17, 2017 2:07 AM
  • Here's an extended version of Firefox that supports plugins, I downloaded it and it works with Silverlight.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/

Saturday, March 18, 2017 6:13 AM
  • 1: Which Browser are You using? Firefox last weeks quit supporting SilverLight with update to Ver 52.  Google Chrome dropped support for Silverlight a year ago. Microsofts new Web Browser MS EDGE does NOT support Silverlight.

2: You can download a copy of Firefox 52.0 ESR (Firefox Extended Support Release 52.0ESR) which has re enabled Silverlight.

SEE web page https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/

3: Internet Explorer 11 still works but We have found it to be to unstable to trust at this time and is a lot slower than Firefox. We need Firefox as an alternative to IE 11.

4: Firefox will only give access to 52.0 ESR to people that sign up with them to use it and will be available for approx 1 year.

5: In the mean time we are in the search for software to run our clinics that do NOT use Silverlight.

Good luck. I hope this helps.
    Monday, March 20, 2017 7:22 PM