Silverlight crashes when clicking on "Application Storage" tab

Question

• Hi there,

I am using IE11 on Windows 7 Pro, trying to access a web service that uses Silverlight, but it would not load.

I remembered that this service uses Silverlight application storage, so I open Silverlight to see it is causing any problems. When I click the Application Storage tab, Silverlight crashes.

I tried cleaning it and re-installing it a few times, but it does not change anything.

Any suggestions on what I could try next?

Thanks,
    Val

Monday, March 14, 2016 5:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Val,

>>I am using IE11 on Windows 7 Pro, trying to access a web service that uses Silverlight, but it would not load.

Please check whether you have enabled Silverlight in IE and then please set IE with following steps.
      1.Click the "Tools" menu and choose "Internet options".
      2.Select the "Security" tab, please check the "Enable Protected Mode" checkbox. 
      3.Click the "Custom level" button and set the following settings.
         Allow ActiveX Filtering: Disable
         Download unsigned Activex Controls :  Disable
         Initialise and script Activex controls not marked as safe... :  Disable
         Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins:  Enable
         Script Activex controls marked safe for scripting:  Enable

>>When I click the Application Storage tab, Silverlight crashes.

Please open Silverlight -> Application Storage with administrator to check whether this problem caused by permissions.

Then please check the Windows Event Viewer which will log all programs logs. Please open it from Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer. Whether there has any Silverlight log about crashes?

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Val,

>>I am using IE11 on Windows 7 Pro, trying to access a web service that uses Silverlight, but it would not load.

Please check whether you have enabled Silverlight in IE and then please set IE with following steps.
      1.Click the "Tools" menu and choose "Internet options".
      2.Select the "Security" tab, please check the "Enable Protected Mode" checkbox. 
      3.Click the "Custom level" button and set the following settings.
         Allow ActiveX Filtering: Disable
         Download unsigned Activex Controls :  Disable
         Initialise and script Activex controls not marked as safe... :  Disable
         Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins:  Enable
         Script Activex controls marked safe for scripting:  Enable

>>When I click the Application Storage tab, Silverlight crashes.

Please open Silverlight -> Application Storage with administrator to check whether this problem caused by permissions.

Then please check the Windows Event Viewer which will log all programs logs. Please open it from Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer. Whether there has any Silverlight log about crashes?

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:37 AM
  • I am getting this. Sorry to bump such an old post. 

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 11.0.9600.18698, time stamp: 0x59189c94
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23775, time stamp: 0x58f4dbfb
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000845d
    Faulting process id: 0x1040
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2ec39d4d161bf
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 13e7ca2c-582d-11e7-895a-bc305b9ff0ab

Running a silverlight test page on Internet Explorer causes IE to crash. Opening silverlight and going to application storage tab just closes the silverlight entirely without any crash log. 

Chris Gallego

Friday, June 23, 2017 4:07 PM