none
SSAS Cube deployment issue with DB2 source connection RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to SSAS and have built a cube in Visual Studio 17.  The source is a DB2 database, which I can connect to in Visual Studio and import tables.  When I deploy the cube I get the below errors.  I have extensively researched DB2 connection, the provider not being registered, does SQL Server need some library or driver for DB2?  I have had no luck finding a resolution.  PLEASE provide any help you can, I am stuck.

Error        Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'VLESTY' attribute of the 'Product' dimension from the 'RandaOrdersCube' database was being processed.            0    
    Error        Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'S21ec54v', Name of 'ABS400F'.            0    
    Error        The following system error occurred:  Class not registered            0    
    Error        Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Product', Name of 'Product' was being processed.            0    
    Error        Errors in the back-end database access module. The provider 'DB2OLEDB.1' is not registered.            0    
    Error        Server: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.            0    
    Error        Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 4:09 PM