none
Outlook Web Add-in - Opening a Web Application or a Web Page from the Addin Command button RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am new to Outlook Add-in Development. I went through the Tutorial and was also able to create a Outlook Web Addin that will open a task pane and display few details. However, my requirement is to invoke another Web Application/page/browser window on click of a add-in command button. I referred to "Module Extension" for Outlook Add-in to open a separate page with some functionality but I am not able to download the sample from GIT. Is this possible? If yes, any samples? Your help is much appreciated.

If this is not possible, can it be done through Outlook VSTO addin?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Narayanan

Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hello everyone,

I am new to Outlook Add-in Development. I went through the Tutorial and was also able to create a Outlook Web Addin that will open a task pane and display few details. However, my requirement is to invoke another Web Application/page/browser window on click of a add-in command button. I referred to "Module Extension" for Outlook Add-in to open a separate page with some functionality but I am not able to download the sample from GIT. Is this possible? If yes, any samples? Your help is much appreciated.

If this is not possible, can it be done through Outlook VSTO addin?

Note: I am using Office 2016, Outlook 2016 and Visual Studio 2019 for development. I don't want the web application to be opened inhouse within outlook. The objective is to implement a search functionality within addin and when clicked on search results should open browser and display the corresponding page.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Narayanan

Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:38 AM