Microsoft Visual Studio UI Test Plugin for Silverlight for Coded UI tests for VS 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• When is the Microsoft Visual Studio UI Test Plugin for Coded UI tests is going to be released for VS 2017 ?
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Nayata,

Silverlight projects are not supported in this version of Visual Studio. To maintain Silverlight applications,  continue to use Visual Studio 2015.

Please refer to:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/productinfo/vs2017-compatibility-vs

So I'm afraid that Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Coded UI Test Plugin for Silverlight will not release. I suggest you use Visual Studio 2015 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Coded UI Test Plugin for Silverlight to execute Coded UI Test for your Silverlight application.

If any news about Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Coded UI Test Plugin for Silverlight, I will update here as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by _Naya_ Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:38 AM
    Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:57 AM