none
MDS Staging Table StatusID 2 and Error code 1048580 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created SSIS package to insert data in MDS staging table and then process it.

However what i see lately is that majority of my records show ImportStatus_ID as 2 and Error code as 1048580.

I searched online but did not find what does this mean as there is no reference to this error code.

Can anyone help me understand what this error code mean?

Thanks

Thanks, Dilkush Patel Microsoft SQL Developer Support Microsoft Corporation

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 11:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633854.aspx

please follow this article to provide correct values for importtype column when performing an insert into the staging tables .

Thursday, December 1, 2016 3:53 AM
  • Hi SmartySantosh

I'm choosing type as 1 as they are new inserts.

Also not all are failing some are going through.

point being this error code not having any description on the web is sort of weird as now I do not know why import is failing for some of the records while not for other.

My MDS entity was empty when I started load so no point of duplicates so Import Type 1 should be fine I guess.

Any inputs?

Thanks

Thursday, December 1, 2016 11:31 AM
  • Dilkush, have you made any progress with this?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, December 19, 2016 9:41 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed,

Looks like it was an issue with wrong value in one of the Domain valued parameter.

I think error reporting should be improved in MDS. This took me quite a good amount of time to get actual error message. Plus this error number does not have any mention on whole web!!!

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:29 PM
  • Hi Ed,

Looks like it was an issue with wrong value in one of the Domain valued parameter.

I think error reporting should be improved in MDS. This took me quite a good amount of time to get actual error message. Plus this error number does not have any mention on whole web!!!

Hmm. I think it would have to be submitted on Connect (the request to update the error message).

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 10:20 PM
    Owner
  • This might happen when you are trying to insert a blank or empty string to a domain attribute which is part of an Hierarchy. I had this issue. I used SQL Server import export wizard to load a csv file to the staging table. All the blank or empty values are expected to be converted as NULL but they didn't. So, the staging table had blank('') values for the domain attributes which are part of some Hierarchy. While moving the data from staging to main table, the record failed with the error code '1048580' without any error description. In fact, any issue with the Hierarchy based domain attributes, the error description does not say anything. So, Microsoft has 2 things to improve.

1) To provide an option in SQL Server Import/Export Wizard to consider empty string as NULL

2) To improve the error reporting in MDS load

• Edited by AnjibRajkhowa Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:44 PM spelling mistakes
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:43 PM