none
Location change of SSRS Charts RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends

Need help

My Scenario:

I do have total 10 line charts in my ssrs Report and the display/Placed in the body like  this below :-

Chart1   Chart2    Chart3

Chart4   Chart5    Chart6

Chart7   Chart 8   Chart 9

Chart10

All these charts are in one rectangle.

Requirement :

All the charts are displaying Data on location basis / different locations assigned to each chart.

A location can be enable or disable.

Basis on that the Chart is either visible or hide and the rest charts will resize. Suppose .., if

1) chart7 and chart5 is disable. My rest charts in report will look like this

e g ..,

Chart1   Chart2  Chart3

Chart4   Chart6  Chart 8

Chart9   Chart10

2) if chart3 and chart8 is disable . the rest charts will look like this .

Chart1   Chart2    Chart4 

Chart5    Chart6   Chart7 

Chart 9   Chart10

is this possible .

Please suggest some way.let know if more details are required

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hello all ..,

I found a resolution(90%) for this . it is now resolved.Admin Please close this ticket

We just took the rectangles(4) for each of the Chart rows  and wrote the hidden/visible expression in the Hidden Property of the charts .

With this the charts (3 per row) are left aligned .if any is disabled .

The rectangle consumed the blank space horizontally also .

regards

Rakesh

Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Rakesh,

SSRS report design can automatically consume vertical blank space but can't do it horizontally.

From my humble opinion, I don't think what you required is possible.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:09 AM
  • OK. so in vertical it cosume blank space.

Can we put these in Tablix column and write the expression in column header for enable or disable

even if for vertical .  what should be the better way to implement this .

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:52 AM
  • Hello all ..,

I found a resolution(90%) for this . it is now resolved.Admin Please close this ticket

We just took the rectangles(4) for each of the Chart rows  and wrote the hidden/visible expression in the Hidden Property of the charts .

With this the charts (3 per row) are left aligned .if any is disabled .

The rectangle consumed the blank space horizontally also .

regards

Rakesh

Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:51 AM
  • Hi Rakesh,

Sorry for late response.

Thanks for your share. You could mark related post as answer to help more people who has similar issue to see this and also to close this ticket.

Regards,

Lukas 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 7:54 AM