none
How to assign a global administrator role for a user with another AD permission RRS feed

• Question

• we have two active directories. from default directory i have created another active directory and invited my employees. All are in user role. Now i want to change one of them to global administrator. I couldnt do that because i dont have enough permissions on that directory. i also have the same user role.for the default directory i have the global administrator role. Please guide?
    Thursday, January 9, 2020 4:33 PM

All replies

• If you're a global admin (UserA@contoso.com) in the default directory, you need to invite this user in the newly created directory by creating a role assignment as Global Administrator. You will receive an email with the invite and when you click on "Get started" button you will be redirected to the portal post login you will be able to manage both the directories as a Global Administrator.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote. Feel free to reach out to us if you've additional questions in this regard.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 7:24 PM
  • Update: If you've created a new directory, by default you will have Global Administrator role and you will be the first user of that directory. Not sure, why it is showing "User role" for your user. 

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:57 AM