Importing websites to Expressions Studio 4 Web Professional RRS feed

• Question

• I have a website that I created with a VERY old basic WYSIWYG software program (Corel Web Designer).  It is a plain vanilla website, just HTML pages with JPG images.  No animations, Flash, or other bells and whistles.  It contains hundreds of linked pages. 

The program I currently use doesn't work on any Windows version newer than XP - so I am looking for a new program to transition to.  I don't want to do anything fancy - just use the program to do updates to existing pages and create new pages with the same style and format.

Can I import my current website page files into Expressions Studio 4 Web Professional and use it to update current pages and create new pages in the same format (pages that look the same)?  I am NOT very computer savy - but I do know the basics including some HTML. 

If you search "134th Infanatry Regiment" on the web you will find my website - the 134th Infantry Regiment Website.  I want to keep the same look and format as the existing pages.

I tried calling Microsoft for an answer before purchasing, but gave up after about an hour on the phone and getting transferred to 4 different people.  I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Friday, December 21, 2012 6:13 PM

All replies

• I purchased Expression Studio 4 Web Professional about 90 days ago, and I am just trying to get started with it. Let me share 2 things I just found out today. Fiorst it apparently has been discontinued. Info can be found here:http://expression.microsoft.com/en-US/

• Expression Studio 4 Ultimate and Expression Studio 4 Web Professional are no longer available for sale. For customers who previously purchased these products, all components within Ultimate and Web Professional will be supported through their support lifecycle.

Second I have tried on two different computers to run the training videos on the Expression support page and they appear to be broken. I was an idiot and thought (before buying) that seeing the links for all of the training videos, that I would be able to access them.

Good Luck,  JW

Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:12 AM