Sharepoint Online: Find page to do links RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

In my site collection, I will have more or less 1000 pages, with contents, for a documentation.

That I want is to make links between this pages, as "Click here to know more of doing ..." to go in the page concerned.

But the problem is that there is nothing to search the page in Sharepoint. If I forget the exactly name, how can I find the page I want to link with?

And an other question: Is there a way to create pages fast? 

Thank's ,

Nico

Friday, July 22, 2016 11:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Nico- not sure exactly sure what you want, but I think you're talking about anchor tags to jump down the page to the relevant information? Is this one very long page, or are you talking about literally creating 1,000 different pages? If I'm correct that you want anchor tags, you need to add a html tag in the location where you want users to jump to, and then add that tag to the end of your URL. See the following example:

Tag:

<p id="Top">

Link to that place on the page:

<a href="YOURSITEURL.aspx#Top"></a>

cameron rautmann

Friday, July 22, 2016 12:41 PM
  • Hi,

No It is not what I tried to say.

I'll create really 1,000 differents page, and I want to create link between these pages.

For example I have a page named "Product A", and I describe the product. 

In my page I say that the caracteristic X is avaible, and I don't explain what is this caracteristic, but I create a link "Click here for more informations about..." to the page "Carasteristic X"

Do you understand my issue?

Thanks

Friday, July 22, 2016 12:48 PM
  • Well, that's what I though originally, but then isn't the answer obvious? I must be missing something else. All you need to do is grab the link to the page you want to go to and insert it into your current page.

cameron rautmann

Friday, July 22, 2016 12:52 PM
  • Yes it's look simple, but if I created my page a few weeks ago and I don't remember his name to find her in the 999 others ... 

Friday, July 22, 2016 1:22 PM
  • Ah, now I see. I assume you know what content it contains? About the best you can do is use the site search box and search for terms that are on that page, or go to your pages library and filter it, possibly by the modified date.

cameron rautmann

Friday, July 22, 2016 1:28 PM
  • Nico-

You can add some meta data to the pages and categorize them in order to locate them. You can some columns to the page library where you are creating the pages, and tag these pages with the meta data. 

For SharePoint Online: you can create some CSOM scripts to create the pages fast. 

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Friday, July 22, 2016 1:34 PM
  • Hi Nico,

SharePoint search can crawl page content.

Please check if you have configured the search service correctly.

Then perform a full crawl.

For how to creating page fast, you can use powershell:

http://www.rjesh.com/2015/03/bulk-creation-of-publishing-pages-using.html

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 25, 2016 3:40 AM