none
The report parameter ‘ReportDate’ has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the report parameter “ReportDate”. Forward dependencies are not valid. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

while creating SSRS report am getting this error.

Have only one parameter and am using single dataset 

My sql query is :

select CP.accountNumber,CP.clientName,rpt.* from rptSearchFailureOND rpt 
    JOIN ClientProfile CP ON rpt.ClientID=CP.clientid
    where (rpt.dateon in (@ReportDate))

Thanks Bala Narasimha

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:14 AM

Answers

• It seems you're using a dataset to fill the parameter whose query depends on the same parameter as per your error message

This will result in a cyclic dependency and will throw above error

So you need to create a separate dataset for getting parameter values and it should not have the dependency on the same parameter

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:37 AM

All replies

• It seems you're using a dataset to fill the parameter whose query depends on the same parameter as per your error message

This will result in a cyclic dependency and will throw above error

So you need to create a separate dataset for getting parameter values and it should not have the dependency on the same parameter

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Hi Bala,

How have you set the @ReportDate parameter available and default value?Seems the issue lies in this area.

You could verify the value of @reportdate or share picture of @reportdate parameter property setting, we could check it together .

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Is their any option to use parameter in same dataset.

Thanks Bala Narasimha

Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:35 AM
  • Hi,

Do not quite understand you request, u need to set value for the parameter, its value could either get from a dataset or type in or set manually for it.

What you mean "in same dataset"?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:34 AM