Unable to see changes made to search page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I updated the text on a search page by editing the HTML.

The changes are only visable if you are site collection administrator, othewise you see the old version of the page.

Any Ideas?

Alex

Friday, July 24, 2020 1:53 PM

All replies

• Does the file need to be checked-in?
    Friday, July 24, 2020 3:44 PM
  • Hi Alex,

Can you explain a bit more about “editing the HTML”? Did you edit the aspx file directly using a HTML editor?

Please make sure the search results page has been checked in and published by site collection administrator to make any changes visible to users.

---

This “SharePoint 2010 - General Discussions and Questions” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Monday, July 27, 2020 6:14 AM
  • Hi

thanks for the replies.

The search page was edited by editing a file called Search.html with a text editor. I didn't do this part of the process, so I can;t be more specific at the moment

The document is definitely checked in.

I can't see an option to publish. The publish tab I see referenced is multiple articles does not appear on our instance.  This process worked fine on our test system though.

I did notice that the test system users seem to have Read permissions and on the production system they have Restricted Read.

Could that be the difference?

Cheers

Alex

Monday, July 27, 2020 6:57 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Referring to this post, the restricted read is used on publishing sites only.

Please make sure this page has granted at least Read permission to everyone you wish has access to.

---

This “SharePoint 2010 - General Discussions and Questions” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Monday, July 27, 2020 7:27 AM
  • Hi Alex,

This forum will be locked down, if you need further assistance with this issue, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. It is recommended to create a new question on Microsoft Q&A, we will continue to support you on the new home.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 2:26 AM