none
Row Level Security or Security Trimmed Data Query for PowerPivot for SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've read through a few of the older forum posts.  I could do with clarifying if it possible to apply security trimming within PowerPivot Model for SharePoint 2013, or Excel Services?  My source data is from a SharePoint Lists and I was hoping to use the item level permissions within the list to control who sees what data in a Power Pivot / Power View report hosted in SharePoint.

Thanks

Alex

Monday, January 30, 2017 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi AlexThompson123,

You can restrict the user to only work on their items within list, the person that adds a document can only see and edit their own by following operations. 

1.Go to List settting.

2.Go to Advance setting.

3.In advance setting we have "Item-level Permissions" as one of option. This option have two sub options.For Read Accesss and Create and Edit access select the option according to your requirement shown in the following screenshot.

4.Save the above settings.

If you have any other problem, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:13 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Do you have resolve your issue? If it does, please share the solution or mark correct reply as answer, so other people can find solution easily.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 9:59 AM