none
My Visual Studio Community 2019 Preview doesn't build anymore! RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio Community 2019 with amongst others the next problems:
    1. My basic include file seemed - sometimes - impossible to find. Renewal of my license sometimes solved this problem unpredictably. Strangely enough this include file was ALWAYS present and ALWAYS identically indicated in all my projects's property pages!
    2. Many times an error C1083 appeared and disappeared solved again unpredictably by a renewal of my license sometimes more than once a week!
    3. At last an error TRK0005 generated by tracker.exe resulted unsolvably: I had to back step to Visual Studio Community 2017. This again causing a complaint about v142 building tools. I start thinking this might be tracker.exe's (only?) purpose! Possibly tracker.exe might be the cause of all my misery? But how to get rid of it?
    ANY HELP WILL BE ACCEPTED WITH THE UTMOST GRATITUDE!
    I am Ton Epskamp at a.epskamp@ziggo.nl.
    Thursday, January 16, 2020 8:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Dylan,

This answer is to let you know that you helped solve my problem to get Visual Studio Community 2019 working again. You can read my thanks to all of you just up here. I do understand what I did wrong but I don't understand why both my 32-bits and 64-bits release builds now comply my severe test built into my executables whereas they first never did! So long, Dylan!

• Marked as answer by Ton1 Epskamp Monday, January 20, 2020 12:12 PM
    Monday, January 20, 2020 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Ton1 Epskamp,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, please go to Project Properties/General/Platform Toolset, then set it to Visual studio 2017.

BTW, could you please provide some details about your development environment? In my previous experience, I have met similar issue. At that time, I have installed multiple versions of SDKs in one system. To solve it, I uninstall all SDKs, and keep only one. Maybe it could help you.

Looking forward to you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, January 17, 2020 8:18 AM
  • Hello Dylan,

Thank you again for your fast response. I hardly dare to send any question anymore! I have to apologize for both being that stupid and also being that unprofessional. So I dare to tell you a very little about my history. But only if you confirm by my email a.epskamp@ziggo.nl that you might be interested to read it! I have already both a 2017 and 2019 directory in my Visual Studio directory. Simply because of 2017 will be performing "Find in files" whereas 2019 will NOT! I even could copy both ''SDK" and ''DIA SDK" from 2019 to 2017 to solve 2017's complaint about v142?

Friday, January 17, 2020 11:12 AM
  • Hello Dylan,

I don't really understand what you might want to know about my environment. But I can tell you the following:

I have 3 computers an old one under Windows 7 only for internet, an older one for storing purposes under Windows XP and my newest and actual Windows 10 computer for developing. In my Windows 10 computer I have only Visual Studio Community 2017 and 2019. Developing in VS 2019 went badly because of

1. Once or twice a week I had to renew my license to get my basic include file included.

2. The same applied to error C1083.

3. Everything ended with error TRK0005 reported by tracker.exe: I don't trust tracker.exe!!!!!!!!!!!

So I had to switch to VS 2017 with v141 in stead of v142. But building VS 2017 claimed v142!

I have asked Microsoft if downloading v142 is possible for VS 2017. No answer yet!

I could continue talking about my 4 projects many hours more including a lot of misery. But I suppose it might probably not be interesting for you! You have my email address so you could ask for more or more specific information.

I am Ton Epskamp at a.epskamp(at)ziggo.nl.

Friday, January 17, 2020 9:58 PM
  • Hi Ton1 Epskamp,

Sorry for delay in reply.

We are sorry that we could not connect you using email because of company's policy.

From your previous post, did this issue still occur on your side?

As far as I know, the v142 can't work with visual studio 2017. And did you renew your visual studio license? or you use 3rd components in your project? If not, please have a try to run VS with safe mode, and create a new project then move it from VS2019 to VS 2017, to check if it could work.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, January 20, 2020 10:31 AM
  • Hi Dylan,

This answer is to let you know that you helped solve my problem to get Visual Studio Community 2019 working again. You can read my thanks to all of you just up here. I do understand what I did wrong but I don't understand why both my 32-bits and 64-bits release builds now comply my severe test built into my executables whereas they first never did! So long, Dylan!

• Marked as answer by Ton1 Epskamp Monday, January 20, 2020 12:12 PM
    Monday, January 20, 2020 12:12 PM