none
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation RRS feed

• Question

• I have updated SQL 2008 R2 to SQL 2014 R2 on the remote server. Everything looks ok and everything works ok.

There is only one problem. I do not have access to this SQL from the remote computer (my home computer) via SQL management studio 2012. Actually I can connect to the SQL and I see the list of databases and I see the list of all tables, views, stored procedures, jobs and etc. I can do basically everything except I cannot open a table. When I try opening a table I get following error

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (mscorlib)

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. (Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop)
    • Edited by Viktorka Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:15 PM adding info
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Viktorka,

If I understand correctly, you got the error message when you are using SSMS 2012 to connect to SQL Server 2014 database and then selecting "Edit Top 200 Rows".

After testing the issue in my environment, I can reproduce it.

To work around this issue, please use SSMS 2014 or install the latest version of SQL Server management Studio preview from here https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt238290.aspx to connect to SQL Server 2014, then you can use the "Edit Top 200 Rows" feature. Or you can write T-SQL to edit data from SQL Server 2014 database in SSMS 2012.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Viktorka Saturday, July 25, 2015 7:01 PM
    Friday, July 24, 2015 9:56 AM