none
Heavy problems with installing Silverlight 2 Beta 2 Tools for Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

today I´ve tried to install the Silverlight 2 Tools Beta 2 for visual studio 2008 RTM.

I´ve used the files and instructions from http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/ .

The first problem occured by installing the silverlight_chainer.exe setup / file:

This is the german variant of the installer, it means that one of the listed components failed to install:
    - Visual Studio isn´t installed
    - The component for desining web documents is missing
    - There is a earlier version of silverlight / SDK installed

But all conditions are fulfilled - sure.
    At the website click here there is a useful descriptions how to do a "workaround" to solve problem by installing the files manualy - failed.

I´ve started with silverlight_chainer.exe /extract at the command line and got these files:

In order, I´ve installed the files:
    - Silverlight
    - Silverlight SDK
    - Silverlight Tools for VS

After the setups and installation I´ve tried to create a new silverlight project in visual studio and get the following error at the project creation, the display alerts:

Couldnt load type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Silverlight.IVsSilverlightService' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.WebApplication, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=...'.

I don´t know what I did wrong, perhaps somebody know thos problem and can help me out ?!

Additional information: Visual Studio 2008 RTM is running at Windows Vista x64, I´ve tried to install the silverlight tools with VS 2008 Service Pack 1 (Beta) and without, always the same error.

Thank you very much for reading and adding some posts - Stefan

• Moved by Figo Fei Monday, June 23, 2008 3:32 AM redirect to silverlight forum
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:31 PM

Answers

• The problem is solved, because I´ve installed the english version of vs, the setup of silverlight tools must be the english version, too ( I tired the german version ). What a stupid mistake...
    • Marked as answer by CongoFX Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:57 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:56 AM

All replies

• Please use silverlight forum: http://silverlight.net/forums/
    Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, June 23, 2008 3:31 AM
  • The problem is solved, because I´ve installed the english version of vs, the setup of silverlight tools must be the english version, too ( I tired the german version ). What a stupid mistake...
    • Marked as answer by CongoFX Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:57 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:56 AM
  • Hi,

Do you know whether Office Live Small Business free site can host and render SilverLight 1.o app?

Thanks,

Steve
    Saturday, July 12, 2008 4:40 PM