none
ApexSQL Log RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

I am going to implement ApexSQL Log in our environment so is it really helpful <g class="gr_ gr_55 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="55" id="55">for</g> us.

Can  you please advise on this tool.

Cheers,

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• What's your requirement? Before implementing did you analyze the tool benefits? Did you read the spec of the ApexSQL Log?. If you think your environment requires this tool then go for it.

Though we are using many tools we need to understand basic usage the use it's features effectively.

--Prashanth

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:00 PM
  • Hi DBA5,

Based on my research, ApexSQL Log is usually used to read transaction logs and recover deleted data. If you have such requirement during your work, you can consider to use the tool. For more details about ApexSQL Log, please review the following blogs.  

Do You Need A Log Recovery Tool?

SQL SERVER – Repair a SQL Server Database Using a Transaction Log Explorer

In addition, for ApexSQL issues, please post the questions in the ApexSQL forum to get specific support as Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of the third party tools. And personally I recommend you  schedule regular backups for SQL Server databases to start a good disaster recovery strategy.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:21 AM
  • Dear Sir,

I am going to implement ApexSQL Log in our environment so is it really helpful <g class="gr_ gr_55 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="55" id="55">for</g> us.

Call to vendor, believe me you would find better response there

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Technet Wiki Article

MVP

Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:47 AM