none
Trying to run report. I have 4 parameters and i am getting below error RRS feed

• Question

• Above variables values

=DateAdd("d",-7,Parameters!StartDate.Value)

=DateAdd("d",-1,Parameters!StartDate.Value)

=Variables!StarDate2.Value

• Edited by apsta Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:24 PM
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:23 PM

Answers

• Hi apsta,

I think the error message has provide good information.

Srinivasa also gave good explaination. For you case I don't think these variable are very necessary you could right those variable expressions directly in the place you need them.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hi apsta,

Basically you are creating circular reference by referencing a variable for Report Parameters, where variable values are calculate based on the report parameter. This will not support in SSRS.

Rather than, First you can get the report parameter values from any other Dataset/Query 

Thanks

Srinivasa Rao G, MCSE(Business Intelligence) Blog: TechTalksPro

Please mark as answer if my post is helped to solve your problem
    and vote as helpful if it helped so that forum users can benefit

Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:17 PM
  • Hi apsta,

I think the error message has provide good information.

Srinivasa also gave good explaination. For you case I don't think these variable are very necessary you could right those variable expressions directly in the place you need them.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 5:52 AM