How to remove power bi report sign in option in a sharepoint page RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a sharepoint page and added a content editor webpart....In power bi site i selected this option file>securely embed this report in a website or portal placed iframe code in content editor webpart.

when every time i open the page it is asking always signin ........how to get rid of this.The report has to open automatically.

kind regards,

Anil

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi anil kumar,

I’m afraid it is not possible from SharePoint side. Power BI reports embed using iframe code require authentication to be reviewed on the page. This is not something we can customize.

---

This “SharePoint 2010 - General Discussions and Questions” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Monday, July 20, 2020 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using SharePoint Online?

Referring to this document, this is the default screen shown on page if the current has not signed-in to Power BI in their browser session. If you want to open the SharePoint page and see the report automatically opened, you need to sign in to Power BI in browser first.

You can also try using Power BI web part to embed a report web part in SharePoint Online.

In addition, users need either a Power BI Pro license or the content needs to be in a workspace that's in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU) to see the embed reports or use the Power BI web part.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 9, 2020 2:01 AM
  • thank u for ur reply,

I have microsoft 365 license ,i am using sharepoint online developed a classic site page......added a content editor webpart......placed the iframe code of that power bi report......

As u said the default page of power bi web part is signin only.......but how to open the report automatically.....

every time we open the page it is asking always signin

when comes to sharepoint modern page.......the powerbi report will open automatically.

kind regards,

anil kumar.

Friday, July 10, 2020 9:54 AM
  • Hi anil kumar,

As I mentioned in the previous reply, if you use the Embed option for Power BI reports, that is the expected behavior unless you log in to Power BI in the browser session first.

What I recommended is to use the Power BI web part from SharePoint Online instead of the iframe code.

Then provide report access in Power BI, so that end users can go to the team site in SharePoint Online and see the reports on the page opened automatically.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, July 13, 2020 2:31 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any progress on this thread?

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 1:21 AM
  • As of now there is no new update to tell sir,

In classic page it is asking SIGNIN option through CONTENT EDITOR WEBPART using IFRAME LINK

In Modern page it is automatically opening the report through POWER BI WEBPART

looking for alternate to open the report automatically in classic page.

kind regards,

Anil kumar. 

Friday, July 17, 2020 10:20 AM
  • Hi anil kumar,

I’m afraid it is not possible from SharePoint side. Power BI reports embed using iframe code require authentication to be reviewed on the page. This is not something we can customize.

---

This “SharePoint 2010 - General Discussions and Questions” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Monday, July 20, 2020 7:46 AM