none
Percentage measure to return an average instead of total RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a measure that I'm using in a pbi matrix. Its currently just two values divided by each other giving me a percentage. However in the total column, instead of taking the total of the values and dividing them to get a total percentage, I'd like to get an average of the table percentages.

So the highlighted values are what I'd expect. The circled value I'd like to be different. In this case, it's just taking 583/605. Would it be possible to instead take (93.8+100)/2 and get 96.9%?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Friday, January 24, 2020 9:24 PM

Answers

• Why, you need to wrap your current measure in an AVERAGEX over whatever you have on rows in the visual.

Expect me to help you solve your problems, not to solve your problems for you.

• Marked as answer by jshinnenkamp Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:46 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2020 8:10 AM

All replies

• Why, you need to wrap your current measure in an AVERAGEX over whatever you have on rows in the visual.

Expect me to help you solve your problems, not to solve your problems for you.

• Marked as answer by jshinnenkamp Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:46 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2020 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

How was your matrix designed? Could you share the designer screenshot?

From current info, I suggest to remove the total on last column and add average expression to it as its value. 

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 27, 2020 8:34 AM
  • Here is the full visual (I changed it to a table to aid with being able to fully sort by each column).

I'm trying to use some type of average like you suggested, but can't seem to figure it out. 

Monday, January 27, 2020 2:52 PM