Azure Web Pack vs IIS Express works locally but not on Azure Web Pack RRS feed

• Question

• First thank you for your time and hope you are staying safe from the COVID-19 Virus Outbreak. This issue has required many trial and errors. Because of the difference in development environments. LOCAL I am using IIS Express. In DEV -> PROD using Hybrid Azure Pack.

The app I support uses self-contained Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services. (Figure 1)

Figure 1

IIS Express settings are as follows (Figure 2)

Figure 2

HostFactory.cs source code is changed from HttpClientCredentialType.None to HttpClientCredentialType.None to correct Fortify SEV3 Security issues (Figure 3)

Figure 3

Web.config Figure 4 changes

Figure 4

Moojjoo MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 8:07 PM

All replies

• Hi mooojjoo,

First off, thanks for asking. I'm staying sheltered in place and my family is safe. I hope you can say the same for your family as well. These are certainly trying times that I would've never guessed I would be going through.

Just to make sure I understand, are you referring Windows Azure Pack (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/azure/windows-server-azure-pack/dn296435(v=technet.10)? What sort of error messages are you getting? Are there any log files you can share? What version of Azure Pack are you running?

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 1:17 AM
  • Ryan thank you for the response.  Yes I am referring to Windows Azure Pack confirmed.

I am also getting this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: item

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: item

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: item]
       System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection.ValidateBaseAddress(Uri uri, String argumentName) +277
       System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection.InsertItem(Int32 index, Uri item) +36
       System.Collections.Generic.SynchronizedCollection`1.Add(T item) +88
       System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection..ctor(Uri[] addresses) +86
       System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses) +251
       TicketSystem.MultipleIISBindingSupportServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses) in E:\Agent01\_work\148\s\src\MultipleBindingServiceHostFactory.cs:21
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) +1950
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(ServiceActivationInfo serviceActivationInfo, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) +65
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) +739

[ServiceActivationException: The service '/TicketService.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: item.]
       System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +574
       System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +240
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.InvokeEndHandler(IAsyncResult ar) +234
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar) +169

Moojjoo MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 3:41 PM
  • To troubleshoot this issue, your best bet is to create a support request. If you do not have a support plan, please let me know!
    Saturday, June 6, 2020 12:23 AM