Silverlight_Chainer.exe is .................!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,

I just downloaded the the silverlight_chainer.exe and tried installing it. It gave me an error that said "Fatal Error, could not install."

I'm also using VSTeamSys.  

Can anyone tell me what is the problem?

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Dway_1898,

Sorry to hear that.  However, most of the installation issues cannot be reproduced locally here.  Therefore, we cannot investigate in your shoes.   Here are some general guides. You'd better remove all the Silverlight related components and then reinstall then.  Please see my reply on this thread.

To fix this kind of issues, we really need your collaboration.   Please let me know the result.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Monday, December 1, 2008 8:41 PM
  • Hi, u donot need the silverlight chainer anymore. Please follow this steps.

This is the procedure i followed and it worked perfectly

This works for both XP and Vista.

1. VS 2008 installed first, then VS2008 SP1

2. install Silverligh_tools.exe 72.3MB with internet connection and everything worked perfectly.

3. Then  install Blend Trial.exe and afterwards Blend SP1. The blend now works perfectly and also is integrated with S2 RTW application.

Before installing you have to uninstall the following things.

Just go to control panel,

2. Click add/remove programs

You will find 3 silverlight icon

a, Unstall Microsoft Silverlight Beta pluggins

b, Uninstall Microsoft Beta  Silverlight 2 SDK

c, Uninstall Silverlight Beta Tools for VS 2008 SP1

If this post was helpful then please 'Mark as Answer'

Sharker Khaleed Mahmud
    Software Developer
    (MCP,MCTS,MCPD[web])

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped

Sunday, December 7, 2008 1:48 PM

All replies

• If you are running this on vista or server 2008 you need to save the silverlight_chainer,exe on the hard drive and right click on the file and select run as admin

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:38 PM
  •  Ok then, thanks a lot. Hope it works. lol

Friday, November 28, 2008 1:57 PM
  • Hi DWay_1898,

Has your problem been resolved yet?   If not, I would like to suggest you re-download the install file.  I once met a similar issue, which is caused by the uncompleted downloaded file.  Please let me know the result.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Monday, December 1, 2008 3:47 AM
  •  Hey Jonathan,

My problem has not yet been resolved and I have also tried re-downloading and re-installing the chainer pack.

I don't know what to do, probably God can help me.

Thanks for your help anyways, much appreciated. 

Monday, December 1, 2008 6:20 PM
  • Hi Dway_1898,

Sorry to hear that.  However, most of the installation issues cannot be reproduced locally here.  Therefore, we cannot investigate in your shoes.   Here are some general guides. You'd better remove all the Silverlight related components and then reinstall then.  Please see my reply on this thread.

To fix this kind of issues, we really need your collaboration.   Please let me know the result.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Monday, December 1, 2008 8:41 PM
  • Hi,

I faced similar problem once. The solution provided on the links given below solved my problem. It may help you also. Please try this.

http://sharpaddicts.blogspot.com/2008/03/solving-siverlightchainerexe-setup.html

http://weblogs.asp.net/bradleyb/

Saturday, December 6, 2008 10:45 AM
  • Hi

The latest SilverLight SDK Microsoft provided  is named SilverLight_Tools.exe Please Download it and install it rather than SilverLight_Chainer which was SilverLight beta 2 SDK.

You better go to www.SilverLight.net and look for SilverLight_Tools.

but do remeber that it requires VisualStuodio2008 SP1.

Sunday, December 7, 2008 10:49 AM
  • Hi, u donot need the silverlight chainer anymore. Please follow this steps.

This is the procedure i followed and it worked perfectly

This works for both XP and Vista.

1. VS 2008 installed first, then VS2008 SP1

2. install Silverligh_tools.exe 72.3MB with internet connection and everything worked perfectly.

3. Then  install Blend Trial.exe and afterwards Blend SP1. The blend now works perfectly and also is integrated with S2 RTW application.

Before installing you have to uninstall the following things.

Just go to control panel,

2. Click add/remove programs

You will find 3 silverlight icon

a, Unstall Microsoft Silverlight Beta pluggins

b, Uninstall Microsoft Beta  Silverlight 2 SDK

c, Uninstall Silverlight Beta Tools for VS 2008 SP1

If this post was helpful then please 'Mark as Answer'

Sharker Khaleed Mahmud
    Software Developer
    (MCP,MCTS,MCPD[web])

This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped

Sunday, December 7, 2008 1:48 PM
  • This is also solution: http://www.dotnetthoughts.net/2010/04/16/unable-to-start-debugging-the-silverlight-managed-debugging-package-isnt-installed/
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 3:26 AM