none
When I on-board an on-premise Server to Recovery Services Vault, there is no indication to Server is on-boarded RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

the Azure Backup portal appears too basic and almost like version 0.1 alpha as it is not particular initiative and does not show you which nodes are currently on-board (unless I am missing something).   

For example if I on-board a node the Azure Automation, State Configuration (DSC). There is a 'Nodes' column under which you can see all the nodes (computers) that are on-boarded to this service (regardless of the fact they have been check at this point or not).

I was expecting something similar in Azure Backup whereby I can see if a particular node (computer) is on-boarded to the service or not. Then I could see if the node has been backed up or not and the last time it was backed up. It appears there is no information on the node until you have done at last one backup?

is there a way (perhaps using PowerShell) to see all the nodes (computers) on-boarded to the vault regardless of their backup state (e.g. not backed up for example).

Thanks

CXMelga

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:03 AM

All replies

• This is by design. But you do not have to take a first backup to see the server under backup items in the Azure portal. I tried a lab installing MARS agent on my on premise machine and it did not show up in the backup items until I configured a backup schedule. 

A trick you can try, register a server and configure the backup policy but do not backup anything to the vault by stopping the backup schedule.

For Azure VMs > Select the vault > Backup items > Protected VM > Stop backup

For MARS agent > Open Microsoft Azure Backup (MMC) > Select Schedule Backup > Stop a Schedule Backup

If you want to voice your idea to add this functionality, I recommend that you post it at the UserVoice to let the team know of your need for the feature. They regularly review feedback there for prioritizing work and features.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:04 PM