none
Visual Studio Comminity 2017 Crashed OneDrive Upload RRS feed

• Question

• I have posted a problem of OneDrive upload capability seem to be crippled by Visual Studio (VS) Community 2017 as link below and was advised by the OneDrive moderator to refer this matter in VS forum.  

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onedrivefb-mso_win10/onedrive-upload-failed/5ed47700-fb2b-45bd-beb3-fe9bfabd0fae

I'm would like to report that Visual Studio (VS) Community will crash my OneDrive upload every time I compile to App Package. Whenever I compile to App Package where the project folder is located in any OneDrive syn folder, the upload will be halt perpetually as below. In fact after that, OneDrive will not upload any file no matter how I reset, reboot, reinstall OneDrive app. The download will still work though. I can only get the OneDrive back to normal, after delete the App Package folder and reset the it.  

Thursday, July 6, 2017 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Parthiban,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> Whenever I compile to App Package where the project folder is located in any OneDrive syn folder, the upload will be halt perpetually as below.

Refer to your description, this issue happens only after you compiled to app package. Could you please share the detail steps that you compile to app package and the project type, I will try to reproduce this issue on my side.

BTW, what’s your VS 2017 version? Now the latest version is 15.2 (26430.15) and you can go to Help-About Microsoft Visual Studio to check it, make sure you already upgraded to the latest one. If not, re-run the VS 2017 installer as administrator and click the ‘Update’ button to update it.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, July 7, 2017 5:41 AM
  • Hi Sara,

I am compiling an Universal Windows App project in C# target for latest Window Creator Update compatibility. By right clicking the project name in Solution explorer, I use the Store in menu to access the "Create App Packages.." Then selecting "No" in Store publishing option. I checked the ARM Release option in Select And Configure Package. After build process completed, OneDrive will start uploading the files created by VS. I notice the updating will be halt half way - some files do get uploaded. After that OneDrive upload will be crippled. It appear to jam up all upload traffic - any new files or folder (even empty folder).

I have tried compiling this way in 3 separate PC with Win10 and VS. All exhibit same problem. 

My VS version is 15.2 (26430.14). I believe the just updated 15.2 (26430.15) has yet address this issue.

Thanks.

Friday, July 7, 2017 9:57 AM
  • Hi Sara,

I have updated VS to 15.2 (26430.15) and confirmed that the problem still persisted.

However if I tried compiling project to non OneDrive syn folder and then copy the whole project folder over to the OneDrive syn folder, the project app folders  do get uploaded properly without halting OneDrive upload. So the problem only occur when I set VS project folder saved directly to any OneDrive syn folder.

This is a rather strange bug.

Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:38 AM
  • Hi Angusvlh,

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your update.

>>I have tried compiling this way in 3 separate PC with Win10 and VS. All exhibit same problem. 

When you using a new empty UWP and this issue persist? If so, please go to Help-Send Feedback-Report a Problem... and report this issue to the VS Product Team to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

After that, could you please share the link in here? It will help other community members who meet the same issue in the future to easier search it.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 10, 2017 9:54 AM
  • Sara, I have been re-reading different threads about this issues - using VS2017 with OneDrive - because I'm setting up a new system and this is what I want to do as well.  I specifically want to keep all my projects files (the whole bunch) on my OneDrive (business or otherwise) so I can open VS2017 on one of several machines and work on the projects.  For my purposes I would be using one VS2017 machine at a time, as I work alone on these projects.  This way my files are auto-backed up as well.

That said I've seen one person from MS say to report this to VS team that it fails for one reason or another.  And I've seen people from MS say to report this to OneDrive. 

My guess, having worked at Microsoft for many years a while ago, there is a technical issue of some depth and the teams are punting it back and forth.

SO - if you would, could you please investigate this with both teams and come back to us with a definitive answer, is this scenario supported or not?

And IF not supported, I myself would really appreciate hearing how, with current MS offerings, I can do what I (and I think many others ) want to do.

Thanks! -- Gary Glanz (formerly garygl).

Gary Glanz

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 11:54 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Welcome to the MSDN forum and sorry for this inconvenience.

Like you found the VS Product Team engineer already confirmed this issue is specific to OneDrive in here: Visual Studio Community 2017 Crashed OneDrive Upload While Creating App Packgae Files

Svet Bonev [MSFT]: It appears that this issue is specific to OneDrive. Please report it either via the UWP or mobile apps or the web or via Email the OneDrive Support team.  

Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, to be honest I am not very familiar with the UWP development. To check if there have any other ways to help you meet the requirement, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?forum=wpdevelop to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:49 AM