none
traffic Manager issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have 

Two VNets

1-Vnet is region set to Est USA and Deployed website on virtual machine VM-USA-1

2-Vnet is in region  is in South India and Deployed website on virtual machine VM-IND-1

I setup the Traffic manager in in Vnet1 with Geographic rule and added 2 End points (VM-USA-1 and VM-IND-1)

When i browse the Trafffic manager URL i am alsways getting response from USA region only,I never get response from IND-1

I tried browing from USA region(Sitting in newyork) off shore team tries sitting in (Ind-Hyd) both the requests are served by USA region only.

We never get the response from IND region site.

when we try IND Site individually it is working but not from Traffic manager.

I see in the in traffic manager both endpoints are online.

Please suggest me to solve this problem.

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:47 AM

Answers

• I have Changed the routing rule from GeoGraphic to 'Performance' it is working as  expected.

• Marked as answer by Amar Azure Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:26 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:26 PM

All replies

• Greetings,

Have you tried performance routing on these end points earlier? If yes, then please delete those end points and recreate them with the geographical routing.Also, please share the regional groups of those two endpoints.

Regards,

Subhash

Monday, September 16, 2019 4:06 AM
  • No, I have not tried performance routing.

I tried only GeoGraphical routing only.

Below are mt end points in Traffic Manager.

And please note that these 2 VMs are in different Vnets. USAEndPoint VM is in the same Vnet as my traffic manager  configured.

• Edited by Amar Azure Monday, September 16, 2019 2:26 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 2:25 PM
  • I have Changed the routing rule from GeoGraphic to 'Performance' it is working as  expected.

• Marked as answer by Amar Azure Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:26 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:26 PM
  • Hi Amar, 

If the health probes are down for all the endpoint, then all IPs will be sent to DNS query and it is upto the DNS resolver to pick up an IP address. That is what happened in your scenario. 

Can you get the health probe UP in your scenario to get the correct routing ?

Regards, 

Msrini

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:40 PM