none
Any CPU missing & silverlight issue RRS feed

• Question

• Excuse me if this is the wrong group but I think it is a Visual Studio issue not a silverlight issue.

I have VS 2010 PRO V 10.0.40219.1 SP1REL running on Windows 7 64 PRO (all updates installed)

When I try to create a new siliverlight project I get a warning message to install the silverlight debugger or when I open an existing project.  When running the link given to install the silverlight debugger is says the 64bit version is already installed.

I have been running this installation for a while now and as I remember when I created a new project there was a X86/X64/anycpu mode in the new project run list.  This is no longer the case, when I create a new project there is only the x86 mode.

I have a feeling the error when trying to run the silverlight projects or create a new silverlight project is because of the lack of x64 or anycpu mode when creating a new project.

I have done a repair on the VS installation from the installation disks but it did not help.

Any suggestions?

John J. Hughes II
    www.functioninternational.com

Friday, May 11, 2012 1:18 PM

Answers

• I uinstalled everything that said silverlight on it, rebuilt the template cache, and install the silverlight 5 SDK and debugger.  I can create silverlight projects again and they are set for anyCPU.

New WPF application are still set for x86 but I can add the anycpu option, sort of annoying.

John J. Hughes II
    www.functioninternational.com

• Marked as answer by jjhii Friday, May 11, 2012 2:03 PM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 2:02 PM