none
Want to report: Wrong address returned when using search API RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

When I search for "730 public safety way corona ca us" I get a response for a street in another state.

I'm using the following query:

https://atlas.microsoft.com/search/address/json?api-version=1.0&subscription-key={{Primary Key}}&query=730 public safety way corona ca us&limit=1

Getting the following response:

{    "summary": {        "query": "730 public safety way corona ca us",        "queryType": "NON_NEAR",        "queryTime": 5,        "numResults": 1,        "offset": 0,        "totalResults": 888,        "fuzzyLevel": 2    },    "results": [        {            "type": "Street",            "id": "US/STR/p0/1729503",            "score": 8.459,            "address": {                "streetName": "Public Safety Way",                "municipalitySubdivision": "Belfast",                "municipality": "Belfast",                "countrySecondarySubdivision": "Waldo",                "countryTertiarySubdivision": "Belfast",                "countrySubdivision": "ME",                "postalCode": "04915",                "extendedPostalCode": "049156479,049156480",                "countryCode": "US",                "country": "United States Of America",                "countryCodeISO3": "USA",                "freeformAddress": "Public Safety Way, Belfast, ME 04915",                "countrySubdivisionName": "Maine"            },            "position": {                "lat": 44.42201,                "lon": -69.01014            },            "viewport": {                "topLeftPoint": {                    "lat": 44.42118,                    "lon": -69.00919                },                "btmRightPoint": {                    "lat": 44.4226,                    "lon": -69.01047                }            }        }    ]}

The problem is that my search address is valid and accurate. Both Google Maps and Bing Maps find the correct location. I've tried other permutations of my search address ("california" instead of "ca" to name one) it still returns this location in Maine.

The reason I'm searching for an addres that I know is correct is because I'm trying to learn the county it is in and discover any simple typos.

The only workaround I can figure out is to create an exception in my code for this address.

My primary goal with this post is to bring this to the attention of someone that can address it properly as well as to get feedback on how I might go about working around this properly. Am I using the search API poorly?

Thank you!

(Sorry for the bad formatting but this editor is baaaaaad.)

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:07 PM

All replies

• For future reference: Answer from Azure Maps Team in this thread Support for inaccurate data or addresses

There are several ways in which data issues can be reported to Azure Maps.

• Base map data (roads/labels) can be reported directly to TomTom (data provider for Azure Maps) using the MapShare reporter https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

• If you have an Azure support contract, you can contact the Azure Support team and they will ensure it gets to the right people.

• Reporting issues on the forums will also get picked up by the Azure Maps team and directed to the right people.

• The Azure Maps team is also work on creating a data bug reporting tool for customers as well which should be available in the next few months. Azure Maps uses multiple data providers for different things (I.e. imagery, IP Address geolocation data...) and this tool will make it easier to report any data issue with Azure Maps.

Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Friday, March 15, 2019 4:15 PM

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:46 PM
  • Thanks. I saw that post.

I'm going with option three on that list:

> Reporting issues on the forums will also get picked up by the Azure Maps team and directed to the right people.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:42 PM
  • I've passed this on to our data PM, who will investigate.
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:24 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback! We noticed that the address you provided us is missing from our database. We have reported this issue to our data provider. -AzureMapsTeam

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:15 AM