none
SQLServer 2014 Express unattended installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install unattended installation of SQL Server 2014 Express. I am using a .vbs script for this.

When the installation is started, first vbs script extracted the setup.exe files on %temp% location. Once files are extracted, instillation is started using configuration file.

But after some time instillation is aborted. In Summary.txt file below logs is found.

Final result:                  Failed: see details below
      Exit code (Decimal):           -2146233052
      Exit facility code:            19
      Exit error code:               5412
      Exit message:                  Unable to load DLL 'sqlconf.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
      Start time:                    2020-01-05 21:34:57
      End time:                      2020-01-05 21:35:15
      Requested action:              Install
      Exception help link:           http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkId=20476&ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=setup.rll&EvtID=50000&ProdVer=12.0.4100.1&EvtType=0x2990711A%400x4E581D38&EvtType=0x2990711A%400x4E581D38

I tried to search over internet , but could not found any solution.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Yadav

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Anil Yadav,

What operating system are you using?

Could you please try to repair the installation from SQL Server Installation Center -> Maintenance-> Repair and repair Visual C++ Redistributable from Control Panel->Programs->Programs and Features->Change->Repair?

Please make sure any antivirus software is disable and firewall is turned off.

And you could uninstall SQL Server cleanly using steps in this link.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 13, 2020 2:18 AM
  • Hi Amelia,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC.

If i am doing installation manually , its install successfully on system. But if i am doing installation using vbs script, its gave above mentioned error.

In VBS file before executing the main SETUP.EXE for installation, installing the PCUSOURCE\1033_ENU_LP\x64\Setup\sqlsupport_msi\SQLSUPPORT.MSI. If we skip the installation of SQLSUPPORT.MSI, script installation is successfully completed.

Is individual installation of PCUSOURCE\1033_ENU_LP\x64\Setup\sqlsupport_msi\SQLSUPPORT.MSI is required before start the SETUP.EXE installation ?

Best Regards,

Anil Yadav

Monday, January 13, 2020 7:50 AM
  • Hi Anil Yadav,

Here is a thread which is similar with your issue. In this thread, uninstalling SqlSupport.msi allowed the installation to proceed correctly. It seems that sqlsupport.msi has no effect on the installation of sql server.

But some SQL Server components (such as replication and connectivity) depend on SQL Server Setup Support Files. You could use this SQL Setup ToolSuite to find out those missing MSI files in windows installer folder and it can even help you recover these files.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:34 AM