I am trying to open .xap files. RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded Microsoft Silverlight, but the files will not open. Help?

Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The .xap-File is a .zip-File, you can  change the XAP file's .xap extension to .zip and unzip it.  However, the xap file does not have source code, it contains executables. after renaming it to .zip, you can view the contents.  You could then use a class browser and analysis tool to investigate the executables.

Hope this helps, thanks.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Yanping Wang Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:24 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The .xap-File is a .zip-File, you can  change the XAP file's .xap extension to .zip and unzip it.  However, the xap file does not have source code, it contains executables. after renaming it to .zip, you can view the contents.  You could then use a class browser and analysis tool to investigate the executables.

Hope this helps, thanks.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Yanping Wang Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:24 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 9:37 AM
  • But it shows error.....is there any other way...i have used win rar to unzip it

Friday, May 30, 2014 8:08 AM
  • but how to open signed store apps????
    Friday, September 5, 2014 10:07 AM
  • Now how do i change the extention ? 

Sunday, June 4, 2017 4:54 PM