none
Silverlight doesn't work on a single site

Question

• Hello there,

We have a site which still use a thirdparty product runs with Silverlight.

Few days ago Silverlight control stoped working for some users: shows something for <1 sec, then blank space (all other users have no such problem). No error in console.

Moreover, they can see Silverlight control running on test environment (the same version of the site)

Details:

- IE 11

- The site is in Trusted list 

- "Allow ActiveX Filtering" is dissabled

- Uninstall/install Silverlight has no effect

- Silverlight works in general (another sites, Test Environmen show correctly)

Could you please help me to detect the reason of this issue and suggest any approach to resolve it?

Thursday, March 1, 2018 6:27 PM

All replies

• Here is the instructions to fix Silverlight:

How to manually clean up a broken Silverlight installation

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:34 AM
  • After I followed the recommended instractions I was redirected to the page with the following message:

End of support notification for Fix it

If you are redirected to this article when you click the Download button of a “Fix it” solution in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article, this means that the solution has been retired and is no longer supported.

By the way, we already ran clean up. No effect. The same browser shows silverlight app from one site and doesn't show from another site. It reproduces only for few users.

If you are redirected to this article when you click the Download button of a “Fix it” solution in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article, this means that the solution has been retired and is no longer supported
    Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:22 AM