none
ErrorCode 4005 - New Silverlight Project with no code added

    Question

  • Visual Studio 2008  Silverlight 2 SDK  Tools Alpha for VS 2008

    I created a new silverlight (C#) project. Compiled it.  A reference to System.Windows was missing.  I added the reference and re-compiled with success, then clicked run.  There are no changes to the generated code other than the reference addition.  I get the following

       ErrorCode 4005  ErrorType ParserError  Message" XamlReader.Load() does not support x"Class   XamlFile: Page.xaml  line5 position 17

     

    Friday, October 17, 2008 11:06 AM

All replies

  •  Are you using the newest version of the silverlight tools for visual studio 2008 sp1?

     

    http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/

     

     

    Friday, October 17, 2008 2:06 PM
  • This is what I have done ...at least on the current install cycle

          visual studio 2008
          msdn
          silverlgiht 2
          Service pack Preperation tool
          VS 2008 SP1
          VS tools alpha 1.1  (note.  after installation, I check the control panel (vista).  It showsTools Alpha but the version is 1.0  dont know why)

    Same resuts

    Then I loaded the Beta 2 tools, then and get      Unable to read the prject file xxxxxx.csproj.

    So I created a new project... again with no code.  It wont compile and I get a bunch of errors.

    What it comes down to is... I need a list of what to install. I am obviously not interpreting something correctly.  Either that, or I have to move back and not use Silverlight 2.  But since Im just getting started with Silverlight, I thought that I should start with the newest version so I dont go thru learning obsolete practices.

    Im going to uninstall everything and start over.  So if you know which to load for Silverlight 2, it would help.

    Thanks

    Keith 

     

     

    Friday, October 17, 2008 5:23 PM
  • Thank you for the link.

    In one of the install incarnations, I had actually installed this ...but .. 

    Anyway, after having done this, the next thing that I had to do was use the correct SDK.  I had (again) installed the beta 1 and not the beta two.  I just created a new solution, compiled it and ran it.  All seems to be well  ...for now :-)

    One thing to note, some of the install processes would hang.  If anyone has this problem,  be sure to kill  the MDM.exe.  Some of  installs tell you the problem, some just hang.  As soon as I killed that process, the installs would continue.

    Thanks again

    Keith

    Friday, October 17, 2008 7:15 PM