none
Azure Blockchain Workbench - Error Constructing transaction RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been following this Microsoft Example along with this great tutorial to bring my data from Azure IoT Hub to Azure Workbench Blockchain.  

Unfortunately, I am now facing the same issue over and over again:

Microsoft.AppBuilder.ServiceContracts.AppBuilderEthTxSubmitterNotSupportedArgumentTypeException:
       at Microsoft.Azure.Blockchain.Eth.TxSubmitter.EthereumMachine.ParsePrimitive (eth-tx-submitter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=nulleth-tx-submitter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: /eth-tx-submitter/machines/EthereumMachine.cseth-tx-submitter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: 308)
       at Microsoft.Azure.Blockchain.Eth.TxSubmitter.EthereumMachine.ConstructInputParameters (eth-tx-submitter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=nulleth-tx-submitter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: /eth-tx-submitter/machines/EthereumMachine.cseth-tx-submitter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: 336)
       at Microsoft.Azure.Blockchain.Eth.TxSubmitter.EthereumMachine.ConstructTransactionAndEstimateGas (eth-tx-submitter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=nulleth-tx-submitter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: /eth-tx-submitter/machines/EthereumMachine.cseth-tx-submitter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: 475)

Please see here below some screenshots:

I have been successfully running this example in the past so I am not sure why it is happening now and would be very greatful to get some guidance.

Kind regards,

Axel BANDERET 

Monday, February 10, 2020 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Axel,

The Blockchain Workbench troubleshooting guide details the following for a similar error:

"Error constructing transaction"

This error is seen if there is something incorrect with the transaction. For example, the parameter input type may be mismatched (ex. array instead of an int). Please view the exception column for the specific error.

There are specific instructions for looking at logs. This will be helpful if you need to dig a bit deeper to investigate the issue. Azure Blockchain Workbench is currently in Public Preview and there is no production support at the moment. I can continue to work with you to identify root cause. 

Regards,

Mike

Thursday, February 20, 2020 11:54 PM

All replies

• Hello Axel Banderet,

We are so sorry that you are facing this issue now.  If possible, can you please let us know the last time it worked for you and if you recently did any upgrades? Also, please let us know, if possible, of any changes that you made to the examples.

Thanks.

Microsoft Azure Blockchain Team

Monday, February 10, 2020 7:49 PM
    Owner
  • Hello,

The only changes I did are in the Logic App where I've adapted the data formatting to my Sigfox device.

It was working early January, I then decided to shut down all my services for a bit since I was not using it. When trying to restart, I'm now always getting this error.

Any idea of where this "Error creating transaction" could come from?

Any config history or rollback possible?

Kind regards,

Axel

Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:59 AM
  • Hi Axel,

The Blockchain Workbench troubleshooting guide details the following for a similar error:

"Error constructing transaction"

This error is seen if there is something incorrect with the transaction. For example, the parameter input type may be mismatched (ex. array instead of an int). Please view the exception column for the specific error.

There are specific instructions for looking at logs. This will be helpful if you need to dig a bit deeper to investigate the issue. Azure Blockchain Workbench is currently in Public Preview and there is no production support at the moment. I can continue to work with you to identify root cause. 

Regards,

Mike

Thursday, February 20, 2020 11:54 PM