The class diagram service failed to load. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Platform: VS 2008 SP1

When using the "View Class Diagram" command the VS2008 comes back with a message "The class diagram service failed to load." followed by the second one saying the "Operation could not be completed".

I've been trying different things, including removing the VS2008, reboouting the machine, installing again the VS2008, the SP1 and the Power Toys for VS 2008. The problem persists no matter I've done. 
    I've tried the command on an existing class in the project and also on a brand new class in a brand new project; the error persists in both example.
    Interesting enough this feature worked OK before, it just has started to behave like this in the last couple of days.

If somebody could help and give me some hints regarding what causes this error and how can be fixed, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Friday, September 25, 2009 3:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Octavian

You can try the commands in my blog http://billwg.blogspot.com/2008/12/useful-commands-for-solving-visual.html. Those commands solve most werid problems of VS. Let me know how they help and we will be happy to perform further troubleshooting if the problem still occurs.  

Bill Wang

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Octav1993 Monday, September 28, 2009 2:36 PM
    Monday, September 28, 2009 2:17 AM
  • Hi Bill,

Thanks for your info, it worked from the first time using the devenv /ResetUserData command.

The info you provided on your blog should be made more visible on the MSDn site, it saves a lot of time for somebody having these weird problems. For me it would have saved 1 day of work.

Realy appreciated your help.

Octavian
    Monday, September 28, 2009 2:36 PM