none
Extract content based on column in SharePoint list RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 "Person or Group" type columns in my SharePoint online list. I am using those "Person or Group" type columns to extract 3 different fields "Name", "Department" and "Work E-mail"

Now I have to write the "person" 3 times one for each column to get the fields "Name" Column 1, "Department" Column 2 and "Work email" column 3 values displayed in my list

Cant I based on value in column 1 extract the fields in column 2 and 3 without having to type same person 3 times?

Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Penille,

Per my test, we couldn’t update the list when the three column are all of Person or Group type.

As a workaround, please create two single line of text type column with name of Department and Work E-mail as shown below:

Besides we could create SharePoint 2010 workflow in SharePoint designer and create a workflow variable named testname to store the DisplayName of the user using “Set Workflow Variable” action.

Then use “Set Field in Current Item” action to extract the user profile information and update the list value based on the DisplayName as shown below:

Start options as shown below:

And the final result will like this:

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:11 PM
  • Hi Penille,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:44 AM
  • Hi Penille,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Julie

Friday, November 22, 2019 9:42 AM