none
Can not find the file specified - Visual Studio 19 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey so I'm having a very annoying problem in Microsoft Visual Studio 19 in the free version. Whenever I try to run/debug my program, it says, "The system file could not find the file specified". Any help?
    • Edited by M1V1Per Saturday, September 7, 2019 2:45 PM My mistake
    Saturday, September 7, 2019 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi M1V1Per,

Sorry for delay in reply.

Based on your description, what is the missing file from?

# If it is from project,

Please build or rebuild your project before debugging.

# If it is from system environment,

Could you please share the name of this file? Then we will help you to configure corresponding running environment.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 9, 2019 6:29 AM
  • Hi M1V1Per,

Did your issue solve?

Usually, the issue comes from build error. Did you face the error before?  Also, was your project a C++ project? If not, please share it.

1.Try to Retarget your project to the latest version and then rebuild your project to see whether the issue still exists.

2. add this 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\Lib\x64 for 64 bit system

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\Lib for 32 bit system
    in Property Manager>Linker>General>Additional Library Directories

If these do not work, please share more detailed information and share some key codes of your project so that we can troubleshoot your issue quickly.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:58 AM