none
Adaptive Card data object not showing user response like data string in Webchat RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum,

When I am putting the data in action of adaptive card JSON I am able to get the user response, like below.

{
      "$schema": "http://adaptivecards.io/schemas/adaptive-card.json",
      "version": "1.0",
      "id": "Welcome",
      "type": "AdaptiveCard",
      "body": [
        {
          "type": "TextBlock",
          "size": "Default",
          "weight": "Bolder",
          "text": "Hello. Do you need some help",
          "wrap": true
        }
      ],
      "actions": [
        {
          "type": "Action.Submit",
          "title": "Yes",
          "id": "Yes",
          "data": "Yes"
          //"data": {
          //  "CardId": "WELCOMECARD",
          //  "type": "messageBack",
          //  "displayText": "Yes",
          //  "text": "Yes"
          //}
        }
    ]
    }

But when I un-comment the data object and then submits the response I don't get the user response.
    Can someone please help, whether it is achievable with adaptive cards as I want to pass data to server so using the data as object.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hello Rohan,

Using your JSON above i have used it in the classic adaptive card designer and it shows the JSON is not properly formed as you are use a data object inside of data. 

If you are looking to pass an object with properties during submit you can use JSON mentioned below:

As seen above when you submit the message activity sent from user to bot will include the input text entered along with the data. 

You can use the designer to build a valid JSON input for your card before using in your bot code. More examples about using these actions with cards is documented in this blog.

-Rohit

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:39 AM