How to create a geo-fence RRS feed

• Question

• The PolyLine feature is a great feature in V3. I can now create a polygon for my geo-fence. However, I don't know how to figure out whether a new LatLong is within my previously defined polygon. Can somebody help? Thanks.
    Wednesday, June 14, 2006 11:29 PM

Answers

• If your polygons are already predefined, why not store them in MWS?  Then, you can use Polylines to draw the polygon on VE and make a call to MWS to find out if the point is within the polygon stored in MWS.
    Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:23 PM

All replies

• Not currently possible via Virtual Earth.
    Monday, June 19, 2006 3:36 PM
  • Is there any other way of doing it? How? Thanks.
    Monday, June 19, 2006 4:44 PM
  • I haven't had the need to do it myself yet, but the only ways I could think to do it would be by some sort of mathematical calculation, or make use of some other sort of software which does. MAYBE you can see if VML, which is what VE uses to draw the polylines can be utilized, but I don't know how if that even is possible.
    Monday, June 19, 2006 5:04 PM
  • obviously if your polygon is rectangular, it's an easy task... but I don't know how you would accomplish it with the current set of available methods if it is not rectangular.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:26 PM
  • If your polygons are already predefined, why not store them in MWS?  Then, you can use Polylines to draw the polygon on VE and make a call to MWS to find out if the point is within the polygon stored in MWS.
    Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:23 PM