none
Single message stuck in transmission queue RRS feed

• Question

• I have single message that will not send in a transmission queue. All other messages of that type work fine. Only error I see is 

Connection attempt failed with error: '10060(A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.)'.

But I am not sure that is related.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:43 PM

All replies

• So where is that message heading? Sounds like the target system is down - or the route for the message is bad.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:38 PM
  • That's what thought at first but other messages are being sent normally to same target and we are getting responses back.

----

I did just notice that in sys.conversation_endpoints the far_broker_instance is set to NULL on the [conversation_handle]. 

Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:05 AM
  • Ok, the issue was that in generating xml to be sent over service broker we had an á (a-acute) in our document. We overcame this issue by switching the message type from VALIDATION = WELL_FORMED_XML to VALIDATION = None.

We then modified activated stored procedure on the receiving queue. Changing the line

@message_body = CAST(message_body as XML),

-- to

@message_body = CAST(CAST(message_body AS VARCHAR(MAX)) AS XML),

This solved the issue.

I believe alternatively we could have sanitized our xml to replace the á (a-acute) with and html char code, but are use case requires us to allow the use of a lot of special characters which would be hard to id up front. 

Thanks,

PantsStatusZero

Monday, September 9, 2019 5:21 AM