AppFabric Beta 2 installation RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed .NET Framework 4.0 (Full) onto my test server and when I run the AppFabric beta 2 install it says .NET 4.0 is missing?

Is the Beta 2 compatible with the full release of 4.0?

• Moved by Yi-Lun Luo Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:44 AM Off Topic. (From:Windows Azure platform AppFabric)
    Monday, April 19, 2010 11:11 AM

All replies

• Please ask Windows Server AppFabric questions in this forum. Just FYI. Windows Server AppFabric Beta 2 is not compatible with .NET 4 RTM. Please wait for Windows Server AppFabric RC.

Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:46 AM
  • Thank you, what forum should this be posted on then?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:33 AM
  • I've already moved the thread to the "AppFabric Service and Workflow Management" forum.
    Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:37 AM
  • Now I get an error of "Configuration File Access" is there anywhere that specify's exactly what build of .NET 4.0 this works with? The top post mentions it for Beta 1 but not Beta 2? I have v4.0.30128 installed at the moment.

I have local admin rights to the machine and i've granted full control to my user on the files individually too.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:45 AM
  • Hello,

v4.0.30128 (.Net 4.0 Framework RC release) is the correct build of the framework for Windows Sever AppFabric Beta 2. The error you are describing is most commonly caused by either permissions issues getting to the Framework Build \v4.0.30128\config files: web.config or machine.config, the \system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config or lastly having the IIS Shared Configuration feature enabled. The AppFabric Beta 2 InstallationGuide.docx (available at the same distribution point as the AppFabric download) mentions how to install in that scenario. The helpfile you see in Setup is missing that detail in Beta 2.

If you are not sure which is impacting you, the SysInternals tool, ProcessMonitor http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx should capture the setup activity to identify which is causing the install failure.

Thanks,

-David 

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:48 PM