Optimum App Silverlight Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the Silverlight x64 version 5.  It is running on a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.  It is configured as a 64bit system. CPU: Intel Core i7 2,p Ghz.  Memory: 6 Gb.

Silverlight functions normally with Netflix and Hulu.  I also have Cyberlink PowerDVD running without issue.

I have been working with Optimum tech support regarding its laptop app that allows cable viewing.  I have loaded, and re-loaded the latest version of the application - 2.1.  Whenever the application starts up and accepts the entered credentials, Silverlight crashses with the Microsoft Silverlight Out-of-Browser Launcher has stopped working error.

What can I do to resolve this conflict?  Please advise.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think this issue is related your app.

Please check this http://bubblemark.com/silverlight2.html see if your silverlight is installed ok.

If your silverlight is ok, please contact the Optimum for help.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by dns jinung Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:16 AM
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 7:08 AM
  • Thanks for getting back to me.  The bubblemark test worked without any issues, so it proves that Silverlight is installed with no issues.  I have been in touch with Optimum and they have escalated the issue.  Since Silverlight crashes - hence the investigation here.
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:09 AM
  • be patient
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:16 AM