none
MSBUILD.EXE to include all files - Prerequisite(Auto) RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to publish a desktop application using MSBUILD

In Visual studio-> properties->publish->Application Files. i have some item is "Presiquistes(Auto)". and this is working when i publish from visual studio, all files a in the package. but when i use MSBUILD, the file is not exist.

is there any swith to including all the files?

MSBUILD.EXE  "Viewer.vbproj" /target:publish /p:Configuration=Release;UpdateEnabled=True;UpdateRequired=True;MinimumRequiredVersion=5.17.0.6;TrustUrlParameters=True;ApplicationVersion=5.17.0.6;ApplicationRevision=1;CreateDesktopShortcut=True;BootstrapperEnabled=True

Monday, January 13, 2020 3:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Michy Tang,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, we check it here: How to: Specify which files are published by ClickOnce. The "Presiquistes(Auto)" status would not copy the file into destination. We try to test it on my side. We publish a project with "Presiquistes(Auto)" to a clean folder in visual studio, the file could not be copied there.

So to include all files, you could change the "Copy Local" to True in file properties, or switch the publish status to "Include" without modifying file properties.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:34 AM