none
Microsoft Silverlight and Visual Studio 2017

Question

• I have a question of Microsoft Silverlight and when i install Visual Studio 2017 (I will call VS 2017) and It install Microsoft Silverlight too so if i uninstall Microsoft Silverlight is the VS 2017 Will STILL WORKING WELL?

Answer this question quick Thanks You!

Saturday, September 16, 2017 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi mark103306,

As far as I know, VS2017 is not supported Silverlight project. Could you please tell us (share some screenshots) about how do you install VS2017 and where do you find Silverlight installed with your VS2017?

Please refer to the document of Visual Studio 2017 Platform Targeting and Compatibility. Silverlight tag at last in this document.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/productinfo/vs2017-compatibility-vs

Silverlight projects are not supported in this version of Visual Studio. To maintain Silverlight applications,  continue to use Visual Studio 2015.

Since VS2017 is not support Silverlight now, the VS2017 will still working well after you uninstall Silverlight.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 18, 2017 3:40 AM