Issue with portal creating a new default dashboard randomly RRS feed

• Question

• I've had a weird issue for the last two months or so.  It's not really breaking anything major for me so I've been waiting to see if it would've been detected and fixed in a patch to the portal, but it's still happening.

Every so often (not 100% sure what's causing the issue), when accessing/loading the Azure portal, I will end up with a new default dashboard added to my list of personal dashboards (as seen below).  The only dashboard of these that I actually created was VESL (a shared dashboard.  I've gone through and deleted about 8 or so dashboards a few weeks ago, but every once in a while, while loading the portal, I'll end up on a new "My Dashboard (n+1)" created.  I've currently left this list in the hopes that while getting assistance fixing this issue, it might provide some information for diagnostics.

Any idea what would do this:

http://tostringtheory.com

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:54 PM

All replies

• Could it be a shared dashboard from other subscriptions you've access to. Just to isolate, could you search for "shared dashboards" and see if all these dashboards show up there? If these are not shared dashboards and getting created automatically then we need to dig a bit more to understand that route cause of the issue.

Few suggestions, you must have already tried but giving a second shot might end up doing trick in your favor.

• Logout and log back in to Azure portal
    • Clear cache, cookies and browsing history
    • Try In-pvt / In-cognito window
    • Try to login to Azure portal from a different machine

If problem persist, send me an email to AzCommunity[AT]microsoft dot com (sub:ATTN:Sadiqh) with your subscription ID and a link to this forum thread for context.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:57 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Sadiqh - 

These are not Shared dashboards; I control all of the subscriptions in the domain, and am the only one that utilizes the dashboards.  As well, only one of the dashboards in that list has the shared dashboard symbol next to it.  However, just to be thorough, I did double check to verify, and can confirm only the expected/wanted dashboard - VESL.

Some further clarifications, this issue happens sporadically - it doesn't happen everytime I open the azure dashboard, just about once every 4-7 days.  I actually have 1 new dashboard since I posted this thread.  So opening in an inprivate/incognito window isn't a reliable way to replicate it.  HOWEVER, I can say that I have seen this issue occur while using more than 1 browser on more than 1 PC, so it's not limited to just one computer/browser/cache.

I am reaching out to your now with a CC to this thread and a copy of this message.

http://tostringtheory.com

Thursday, December 12, 2019 4:11 PM
  • Thanks for the email. Please reply with your subscription ID.

Friday, December 13, 2019 6:54 AM
  • @James, hope this issue is resolved now. If yes, could you please share the solution provided by the support team? This would help others on this community to resolve issues of similar nature.
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 9:16 AM