none
How to see the existing hierarchies in SSAS Tabular Model RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I can see there are existing hierarchies while browse the cube in SQL Server, where as i am not able to see the same hierarchies in .bml file in visual studio? Can someone tell me how to add back the hierarchies from the existing cube or they are hidden some where? 

Here is the image of Customer Dimension with Address, Common, Dates hierarchy from SQL server

Here is the image from Visual studio 

Thanks,

Shyam Maddi.

Thanks, Shyam.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:42 PM

All replies

• Those are not hierarchies, they are display folders. Hierarchies will display with a blue "pyramid" shaped icon. Each attribute/column has a DisplayFolder property which you can set to put it in one (or more) folders.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:56 PM
  • Hi ShyamReddy,

Thanks for your post.

The first image shows that the dimension "Customer" is under multidimensional model instance, but the second image belongs to tabular model instance. You have mentioned the hierarchy of the two different models. Are you sure you would to see and create hierarchies in tabular model?

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:28 AM
  • Hello Will,

Thanks for your reply.

The first image i browse it from SQL Server, whereas the second image is from Visual studio. 

it is a tabular model cube. 

Thanks, Shyam.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 3:28 PM
  • Hello Darren,

Thanks for your reply.

I thought they are hierarchies under each and every dimension. 

Thanks, Shyam.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 3:30 PM