Azure database setup and connect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi so I'm trying to create a table where all the info would go into the database when something is scanned. I created the database with the website in Azure and uploaded HTML files from Axure (a wire frame website creator). The template I got had some tables which should connect to a database. I went into Microsoft Azure database and designed a simple 3 column database that I want to connect to the website.

I am so confused on how to do that. Would it be easier to remove the table that's already on the website and create a new one? How would all of this be done. I am so new to databases and I cannot seem to understand most of the guides. I saw a guide which tells you how to make a completely new database and connect that, but I already have one created. I cannot seem to find any sort of code anywhere either. Please let me know. This is for a project that's due very soon. Thanks

Monday, June 2, 2014 9:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my understand, the wire frame website creator generate some table by default when use it, I don't very familiar with this tool, if these tables don't meet your requirement, please consider create new tables instead.

SQL Azure connection string is very important if we want to save data to SQL Azure Database. Please refer to http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sql-database-dotnet-how-to-use/ for more information about how to use SQL Azure in .NET.

If I misunderstand, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my understand, the wire frame website creator generate some table by default when use it, I don't very familiar with this tool, if these tables don't meet your requirement, please consider create new tables instead.

SQL Azure connection string is very important if we want to save data to SQL Azure Database. Please refer to http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sql-database-dotnet-how-to-use/ for more information about how to use SQL Azure in .NET.

If I misunderstand, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 5:35 AM
  • Hi,

I will mark my post as answer, if you find this doesn't give you any help, please feel free unmark it and follow up.

Best Regards,

Jambor

Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:15 AM