viewing .aspx over the same network RRS feed

• Question

• i am doing a project with a requirement to view a server's website from a client's PC on the same network

for example
    server's ip address: 192.168.1.14
    client's ip address: 192.168.1.13

the client will type in sometime like http://192.168.1.14/Default.aspx to view the Default.aspx that is in the server's C:\Inetpub\wwwroot

however, i am unable to view the webpage but another file with the extension .asp, will be viewable for the client

is there any settings, options or maybe another way to type the address?

thanks

Thursday, February 5, 2009 9:26 AM

Answers

• Looks like a server issue to me.
    Do you have the same problem with all the aspx files on the same server or just with Default.aspx? Are .aspx extensions enabled on the server?

Since this is not System.Net related issue I'll move it to the general networking forum to give you better exposure.

Mariya

Thursday, February 5, 2009 9:29 PM

All replies

• Looks like a server issue to me.
    Do you have the same problem with all the aspx files on the same server or just with Default.aspx? Are .aspx extensions enabled on the server?

Since this is not System.Net related issue I'll move it to the general networking forum to give you better exposure.

Mariya

Thursday, February 5, 2009 9:29 PM
  • Hi,
    If you're still seeing the issue please let us know, otherwise we'll be closing the thread in 5 days.

Mariya

Friday, February 13, 2009 9:17 PM