none
Partitioning table is available on SQL 2016 with SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• HI guys, 

I always figured that sql table partition was available only in the enterprise edition of sql 2016, but I was reading this blog and it seems to me that from SP2, this feature has been enabled, does you guys have any official url website that I can validate this information?

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlreleaseservices/sql-server-2016-service-pack-1-sp1-released/

Certified (35) | ITIL | MCP | MCDST | MCSA1 | MCSE1 | MCT | MCTS Sharepoint | MCITP SQL | MCSA Windows 2012 | MTA Security | MCSE Windows 8 | MCSE Windows 2012 | Vencedor do Winthe7.com.br 2009, Quarto lugar Copa de Talentos Microsoft 2010

Friday, May 31, 2019 3:37 PM

Answers

• could you please explain me what the difference between "Partitioned Table Parallelism" OK in SQL 2016 SP1 and "Table and index partitioning" only in Enterprise Edition.

Certified (35) | ITIL | MCP | MCDST | MCSA1 | MCSE1 | MCT | MCTS Sharepoint | MCITP SQL | MCSA Windows 2012 | MTA Security | MCSE Windows 8 | MCSE Windows 2012 | Vencedor do Winthe7.com.br 2009, Quarto lugar Copa de Talentos Microsoft 2010

Friday, May 31, 2019 3:54 PM

All replies

• In the section "RDBMS Scalability and Performance" in the article "Editions and supported features of SQL Server 2016".

A Fan of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS

Friday, May 31, 2019 3:47 PM
  • could you please explain me what the difference between "Partitioned Table Parallelism" OK in SQL 2016 SP1 and "Table and index partitioning" only in Enterprise Edition.

Friday, May 31, 2019 3:54 PM
  • I think the feature "Table and index partitioning" is in any edition of SQL 2016, but "Partitioned Table Parallelism" is supported by Enterprise edition.

A Fan of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS

Friday, May 31, 2019 4:45 PM
  • Hi Adriano,

Thanks for your question.

Actually, Table and Index partitioning available in every edition. (Enterprise, Standard, Web, Express  and Express with Advanced Services). 

But, Partitioned Table Parallelism only available in Enterprise edition.  

Refer the feature comparison. here

Regards,

Nisal

Friday, May 31, 2019 7:20 PM
  • Hi Adriano Neiva,

Based on my understanding, the feature ‘Table and index partitioning’ is supported in any edition of SQL 2016 SP1, but only supported in SQL 2016 Enterprise.
    The feature "Partitioned Table Parallelism" is only supported by Enterprise edition.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, June 3, 2019 7:48 AM